Disney+ Drama

Disney + : dream big or just average?

Demaray Amaro, Writer

Recently a new streaming site for movies, tv shows, and documentaries has been released. Disney plus holds Disney proper, Marvel, Lucasfilm (so, Star Wars), Pixar and National Geographic.

“Disney+ is okay, it’s free and cheap, however, I don’t want to just watch Disney all the time,” said Brennen Knabe. Disney isn’t only Disney it has other options as well.

Disney co-owns Hulu with 21st Century Fox, AT&T, and Comcast, which owns NBCUniversal, the parent company of NBC News. Which opens a rivalry with Netflix, Disney plus costs $7 a month while Netflix started increasing their money rates and is currently varying from $10.99 to $12.99.

“They just signed a huge contract with Nickelodeon, so I think they’ll be fine,” said Knabe. Yes, in fact, it’s true on November 18th, 2019 nickelodeon teamed up with Netflix on a multiyear contract, which puts up even more of a monetary gain for each of the two streaming sites. It creates competition for the people who view each platform.

“Eventually it will die out. Disney is already missing projections for sales” said Knabe.

Many students have a bias on the situation that Disney has created. Some of the movies on Disney haven’t yet been put on there. They have release dates set to fully upload.

They do it for production so that way people are still interested in Disney plus throughout the year.

Disney plus is available on many devices such as iOS, Apple TV (tvOS), Google Chromecast, Android, Android TV, PlayStation 4, Roku, Xbox One, Select Amazon Fire TV devices, LG Smart TVs, Samsung Smart TVs.