The multimedia news site of The Hornet's Buzz

The Hornet's Buzz

The multimedia news site of The Hornet's Buzz

The Hornet's Buzz

The multimedia news site of The Hornet's Buzz

The Hornet's Buzz

Babies on the way: Pregnant teachers at Northtown

Mrs. Tyler and Mrs. Prichard pose outside with their sonogram photos. Both are expecting babies this spring.

It’s not everyday that your teacher announces she’s pregnant, but when she does, it’s exciting news.
When teachers become pregnant, students usually want to know all about it. Students have lots of questions about the juicy details of what’s going on with the teachers and their babies.

Being pregnant is not an easy thing to handle. It takes a special kind of woman to be able to handle the stress of creating a miniature human inside of them, while still being able to teach high school students everyday.

The first foxy fertile femme capable of this fantastic feat is Mrs. Mary Prichard, the journalism teacher whose classroom is 219  on the second floor of Main.  Mrs. Prichard has been pregnant for the entire school year, and is expecting a baby girl at the end of April.

“We’re arguing over names and if we do pick one, we’re keeping it a secret,” Prichard said. “I have had many name suggestions from students, including many girls suggesting their own names.”

Story continues below advertisement

Being pregnant can also take a lot out of you. Prichard said that the most challenging part is feeling sick and having a lack of energy when trying to keep up with life the way it was before she became pregnant.

“It goes through stages and some are miserable,” Prichard said.

Although it can be rough, pregnancy also has its good moments.

“My favorite part so far has been growing the belly and feeling her kick and punch,” Prichard said.

Her students have noticed a change in their teacher since she’s been pregnant.

“Since Mrs. Prichard has been pregnant, 90 percent of the time she’s like running through daisies. The other 10 percent of the time she’s like the ‘woman in black,’” said junior Tierra Samuel, who has been a student of Prichard for the past two years.

The second foxy fertile femme is Mrs. Jesse Tyler, who can be found helping students in the Student Service Center. Mrs. Tyler is expecting a beautiful baby girl on May 10.

“It’s really exciting to be pregnant,” Tyler said. “Feeling the baby move is exciting too.”

Students frequently ask to touch her baby bump and some people just touch anyway without asking. One of Tyler’s favorite part of being pregnant is seeing  her family and friends get so excited about the baby.

“It makes me feel like she’s already really loved by everybody.”

The most challenging part for Mrs. Tyler is being unable to do a lot of the things she was able to do prior to being pregnant. Tyler is a very athletic individual but being pregnant prevents her from being able to participate in sports and other activities that she loves like dancing. Tyler also says that she can’t participate in certain adult activities that one might do when over the age of 21.

“It’s not a big deal but it’s weird not being able to for over nine months. There are also lots of foods I’m not able to eat, which is weird too,” she said.

Tyler also says that she’s glad to have waited until she was older and more ready to have a baby.

Both of these fabulous, foxy, and fertile femmes will have adorable babies and in just a few months, we’ll have two additions to our Northtown family that you can love all over.

Leave a Comment
More to Discover

Comments (0)

All The Hornet's Buzz Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *